Hello February! Here are 9 Fantastic Twin Cities Events to Celebrate
Winter is a lingering, quiet season, when nature whispers through softly falling snow.
It’s February, the last complete, official month of winter and here in the Twin Cities February begins auspiciously with a little snow fall. February 2, is Ground Hog Day, but shadow or no shadow here in Minnesota we know there is at least 6 more weeks of winter! It’s the month we celebrate Valentine’s Day, and Presidents Day. It’s also American Health Month and Chocolate Lovers Month!
Let’s take a look at what is going on in our beautiful Twin Cities Metro this month as we decide how and where to celebrate the fabulous month of February!
Featured Event Daily Throughout February!
1. Miller Park, 17970 East Miller Parkway Eden Prairie. Ice Castles in Eden Prairie. Ice Sculpture exquisitely beautiful, filled with sparkle and shine! Fire performances on Friday and Saturday. Check out these great photos from MPR. For more information check out the website.
February 7 and 8
2. Lyndale Park, Thomas Sadler Roberts Bird Sanctuary, Feb. 7th 5:00 – 6:30. Night Owl Snowshoeing – Local owls are nesting. Travel through the Bird Sanctuary on snowshoes while tracking nature's nocturnal hunters. More information available on the website
3. Bloomington Civic Theater, 1800 W. Old Shakopee Rd, Bloomington MN. La Cage Aux Folles – Banish the winter blahs with an evening of music and laughter. For more information and to purchase tickets visit the website. Reviews: Star Tribune and City Pages
February 14 and 15
4. Valentine’s Day TC 5K. Love is on the run. Participate in the oldest winter running event in the Twin Cities. Available for all ages and abilities. For more information check out the Twin Cities in Motion.
5. Orpheum Theater, 910 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis. Shen Yun 2015 Tour, this weekend only. Art has traditionally explored the connection between humanity and divinity. Through the universal language of music and dance combined with dazzling backdrops, Shen Yun weaves a wondrous tapestry of heavenly realms, ancient legends and modern heroic tales.Visit the website for more information and tickets.
February 21 and 22
6. Science Museum of Minnesota, 120 W. Kellogg Boulevard, St. Paul. Have an out of this world day at the Museum of Science. A special exhibit, Space: An Out of Gravity Experience, opens Feb 20 and looks into the future and what is possible. Space was designed and developed by the Science Museum of Minnesota in partnership with the International Space Station Office of NASA's Johnson Space Center, the California Science Center, and partner museums.
7. Sunday Feb. 22 see the Minnesota Wild play the Dallas Stars at the Excel Energy Center in St. Paul. For more information and to purchase tickets visit the website.
February 28 and March 1
8. Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 Second Ave South, Minneapolis, MN. Minneapolis Home and Garden Show. Whether you are currently a home owner or considering becoming one this is the place for inspiration and new ideas for your home and garden. Find out the latest trends, meet the experts, and have a great time! Visit the official website for complete details.
9. Como Park Zoo and Conservatory, St. Paul. Every Sunday afternoon enjoy “Music Under Glass” at the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory. The concert series is free and features some of the Twin Cities finest musical talent. On March 1 enjoy the music and lyrics of Sarah Morris and be captivated by her love songs. For more information visit the website.
From Joe Houghton and the entire Minnesota Property Group have a fabulous month and hang in there...spring is just around the next corner!